Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Have Cleaned the First Diaper

And boy howdy was it a doozy.  It stayed contained within the confines of the diaper but she made that diaper work.  

This means of course that we are working on the feeding thing and though it's not perfectly smooth, I think it's going as well as anyone could expect.  15 more minutes of feeding, another look at the diaper and then we're going to make a try for sleeping (not that is would be my first sleep since Emma's birth, she and I dozed in the rocking chair while Kristen was indisposed, I don't think I was supposed to fall asleep like that =)

And Emma has the hiccups!  She used to get them all the time in the womb and Kristen and I would puts hands on her belly and laugh our way through the bumping.  Yeah for baby hiccups.

Family is away getting rested from their massive support night.  Yeah for families.

Alright I'm heading back to see if I'm going to get a chance to improve on my rather dubious diaper changing skills.

Poppa Hunter

6 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations to the both of you on the birth of your lovely new addition. What a joyous and wonderous time to experience, even with the poop! I'm sure she's just a gorgeous lil' hunter...Corey offers you guys many praises and congrats....take care...and keep us posted!!

Jenn said...

Yea, for the effort. it just takes practice. love you both. any word on go home day?

SMSshorty said...

I just finished reading through this entire site and can't thank you enough for sharing such a beautiful miracle with us. Thank you for taking your precious time to give us such a wonderful gift - it has made my entire week so much better knowing you are all doing well and that Emma has arrived. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you begin this incredible journey and I thank God that He is with you and has been with you every step of the way. --Stacey Weldin

Christina Lindner said...

Congratulations!! I couldn't wait to wake up this morning to read if she was here yet. And she was! And I cried a little bit! :) We can't wait to meet Emma.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Those first diapers are amazing. I hope you saved it, because I think there's a road crew out there somewhere that could use it.

Happy happy happy baby day!

paul.

SlackNet said...

Wonderful to hear that all is well and feel the joy around this event.