Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sleep

We are in a whole new world.  

With Kristen having had a beautiful epidural procedure and all the nurse changes and the settling down we are just now getting ready to close our eyes for a bit.

I've been feeling that feeling Tolkien described as "butter spread over too much bread" for a good chunk of hours now and the thought that we get to sleep quietly for even just an hour or two is like... I don't have a good simile right now but suffice it to ay it's amazing.

Some time in the amazingly awful just before epidural moments that seemed like hours, I all of a sudden remembered, JESUS!.  And started an internal incoherent run of non-stop praying.  Thanks for loving us and Jesus enough to keep holding us up before Him for these last hours.  It is unbelievably wonderful to know that a bunch of people who share a lot of love with you are raising up prayers with and for you when you don't have the whatever it takes to even remember to be in prayer.  And that the Holy Spirit sorts out the jumbled mess that falls out of my head when I can't even string a coherent prayer together.

I haven't been able to talk Kristen through much of how great it's going to be when Emma arrives because I keep getting that almost about to cry a river of really happy, big things tears whenever I start to talk about it.  It looks like I'm going to take after my poppa in the cry about big things that happen with my kids.  And I can't wait to take after him in the pray with my kids every night way too.

Sleep well everybody.

I know I will... at least for 45min.

Poppa Hunter


1 comment:

Heather L said...

Just checking back in and catching up with what's going on... I hope that you're still sleeping right now. Karl and I are continuing to pray for you guys and we'll check back in in the morning!!!