Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Inconclusive

So we've talked with the midwife and waited to see how things are progressing...
and we're still waiting to see how things are developing.  

The next "deadline" is 6pm.  The midwife's words about Emma coming tomorrow seem to be playing towards true.  Oh poop.  Though I think Kristen feels stronger about Emma's tardiness than we do.

The little brother arrived and has brought lots of laughing and inappropriate humor.  Which is good for Jeff.  Kristen just left for a walk though, so...

It's funny how times seems to fly and move really slowly all at the same time.  I can't believe we've already been here for over 12hours.  Craziness.  

Emma is working like a champ.  Her heart is beating along and everything is gorgeous.  Just slow.  We'll tell you more when there is more to tell.  

J

6 comments:

Rizo! said...

This is so exciting. I really like this whole play by play were getting. Your almost parents!
Grace and Peace

The Skagens said...

Hey! Do you guys want us to drop off some movies and other distractors? We'd be happy to swing them by, hand them off to your family, and take off. We know how a long night of slow labor feels! Shoot me a text if you are interested. We are praying for you and can't wait for Emma's arrival!

Christina Lindner said...

I am glad that Jonathan is good for something.... :) j/k Jono!

I can't believe it's almost time! Crazy, huh? I am super super excited for you and I will be checking back frequently.

Hang in there Kristen!
-C

Glenn said...

AAAAHHHH!!! I am so excited! I can't say much more rigth now I have to go.

Lindypants said...

Jono should be the Midwife. He's good at that kind of thing. I hear he even wears a skirt from time to time. Ha! I'm funny. We'll keep praying for the wife and the baby!

Lynn C. Conver said...

As annoying and exhausting as it is for things to be moving along slowly, it really is not unusual--especially for a first-time Mom. So, try to relax. Watch the season premiere of "NCIS" tonight, if you're into that sort of thing. And know that lots of people are praying for and with you!